running the Player

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Aug 13 23:31:09 EDT 2005

Yeah, as I've said here before, the Player just isn't well documented
or understood.

It *appears* to me that it is RunRev's intent that the Player should
*never* be launched directly, but only indirectly by double-clicking
on a stack. The problem, of course, is that you can't prevent users
from launching it.

I think it should either:

(1) Display message that says, in essence, "This is a Player. You got
to give it something to play with. Pick a stack file, double-click it
and then see how great it is"

Or

(2) Present with a file selection dialog (filtered for stacks if
possible).

But that's just me.