suspend mouse clicks?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 13 00:02:15 EDT 2005

Mark Swindell wrote:
> Is there a way to suspend the receiving/recording of mouseclicks  within
> a  field for a specified duration of time?
>
> Example:
>
> A two second sound file is playing.  I don't want any mouse clicks
> recorded in a specified field until the condition of the play is over.

If the delay is always related to a sound file playing, you can check
the state of the sound. If you are using the "play" command to play an
audioclip:

on selectionChanged
    if the sound is not done then select empty
    else pass selectionChanged
end selectionChanged

If you are using a player object to play the sound, check whether the
currentTime of the player is equal to the duration of the Player. That
will tell you if the sound is finished:

on selectionChanged
    if the currentTime of player 1 <> the duration of player 1

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com