Standalone Encrypt feature

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Aug 10 20:17:59 EDT 2005

> I tried building a standalone with all the substacks ecrypted and the
> mainstack NOT encrypted. This standalone works fine.
>
> I am not using any rev libraries nor do I seem to be missing anything.
>
> The stack in the IDE works perfectly fine. I don't think you can turn
> on error reporting in a standalone? Can you?
In the Standalone settings, the right-most button gets you to where
you can set the error reporting.

> Finally, I am not certain what you mean when you refer to "turning off
> search for inclusions"?
In the General section of the Standalone settings, you can choose
"Search for required inclusions..." which makes the Standalone
builder search your stacks to see if you need the various libraries,
dialogs, cursors, icons etc.
There have been problems reported with this, so you might be better
to choose "Select inclusions for the standalone application" and
manually telling the Standalone builder what you want in your app.

> I'm happy that the substacks were encrypted but the mainstack should
> also be encrypted IMHO.
I agree, this should definitely be possible.

Cheers,
Sarah