Another Mystery

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Aug 10 14:17:36 EDT 2005

David....

No offense intended here, but I have to tell you that well over 95%
of the time that I think I've found a bug in the language or the IDE,
it's something like this: I've done something wrong, made a bad
assumption, misunderstood a command syntax, or have some object
addressing issue.

That's why when people make comments like yours in your original
email -- "There are loads and loads of these little quirks that I am
finding. I really have never worked in such a buggy development
environment as RunRev." -- I cringe. Newcomers read this list often
before getting involved with the product and comments like that just
drive prospective customers away. When they are, more often than not,
really not accurate observations, it's particularly damaging.

I'm not saying Rev is perfect. It's not. And it's certainly not bug-
free. But to say there are "loads and loads of...quirks" and that the
environment is the buggiest you've worked in  doesn't really help
anyone, including you and those who are trying to help. I know how
tempting it is when you've beat your forehead bloody against what
seems ultimately like a bug not to vent just a bit. I've done in
myself. But maybe before you post a strongly negative general comment
like that in the future, you could take three deep breaths?