[Semi-OT] Interesting article

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Aug 8 15:02:02 EDT 2005

On Aug 8, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> And the guys who started much of this, from whom Macromedia appears
> to have essentially lifted not only technology but staff:
>
> http://www.laszlosystems.com
>
> I'm still trying to figure out how Rev could play a role in this;
> creating the UIs in flex and laszlo require text editing. Yuk.

The Laszlo system is pretty slick.  I've seen their presentation at a
Macromedia conference before and chatted with some of the folks about
their stuff (I even got a free shirt :-).  This was the same
conference where Macromedia announced that they were working on
Flex.  If you have to design web applications in Flash this is a
great way to approach it.

Alas, the problem remains that you are just editing text files,
compiling, testing, etc.  I found this process to be tedious.  In
fact, it is one of the main reasons I moved away from Flash for the
web connected GUIs I work on, once I realized what Revolution could
do.  The Revolution approach of being able to interact with your
controls and data in the dev environment is such a time saver IMO.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com