Alternate mouseDown Method

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 8 10:54:14 EDT 2005

Dear List,

Someone had hinted at using dragDrop as an way to see what control a
mouse was over during a mousedown, but I did not understand it then.
Well, I worked out this idea and it worked completely for what I was
needing.
I needed a real or simulated mouseUp, mouseLeave, and mouseEnter that
started from a mouseDown that DID NOT go to the control that started
the mouseDown but rather to the control the mouse was over.

I have uploaded to my user area a stack that shows all of these states
in the way that I needed it to.
user: mcgrath3
stack: Alternate MouseDown Method

My code may not be optimized but the simulated states work great. Let
me know if I missed anything.

Thank you,

Tom