[Semi-OT] Interesting article

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Aug 8 01:57:49 EDT 2005

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention, Geoff. I was vaguely
aware of the existence of this approach but this article made it much
clearer and more coherent.

I know JavaScript at least as well as I know Transcript, probably
better. But the absence of decent IDEs for graphical development, the
necessity of relying pretty much on browser-based UI componentry
(there was a way at one point to use Java Swing classes in Web pages
with JS calls but I think that relied on Netscape's LiveConnect
technology and I don't think that's survived.) So how you can create
a "rich" UI in a Web page using this Ajax approach remains
problematic, I think.