new user with a question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 7 13:18:21 EDT 2005

Daniel Wenger wrote:
> I am new to this list and hope that I am not posing a simple problem,
> but perhaps an interesting one.
>
> I have imported a HyperCard Stack into Revolution Studio.
> I have added a field to the stack.
>
> The field shows up while doing a Find and Replace as a field. I can
> edit the script of the field.
> The field does not show up using the Application Browser.
> I can select the field with the pointer and view its properties, etc.

If you put the field on the card, then make sure you've selected the
right card in the App Browser. If that isn't the problem, then try
closing and re-opening the App Browser. It may be a refresh problem.

> If I place text into the field and attempt to
>
> put line 1 of field xxx
>
> I get a Message Execution Error.

What's the error? If it is "no such object" and the field is a card
field, then you need to use "put line 1 of cd fld xxx". If you want a
new background field, then you have to edit the group and create the
field in there.

All imported HC stacks automatically have their HCAddressing property
set to true, which means you must refer to objects the same way you do
in HC. Card fields have to be specified as such. You can set that
property to false, and then you don't need the "cd fld" specification;
just calling it "field xxx" will work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com