ANN: MoireX Volume3 V2.2.5

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sun Aug 7 05:16:06 EDT 2005

Sorry about any perturbations this may cause but i had to do it...

i added yet more unobvious buttons to parametrize the moires in MoireX, now
ascended with some 20 color modes! 17 actually since 3 are open for you to
change and have fun with!

Lots of little improvements here and there:

there 2 different methods to draw now.
One is on the fly, the other is arrayed and then drawn - surprise each time!
The advantage of the second is speed
maybe...

They should do the same thing but do they? hmmm - the scripts are hard to
maintain in parallel and i might have missed something...

There's new options to draw centered, greyscales, linesizes work better
(some do weird stuff), poligons are improved, colors are now selectable,
random mode switches, chromatic scaling (not implemented everywhere yet -
not sure what it can do yet).

I know the drawing is still a block off the start but i haven't found why!
Must have been a div 0 error that caused a shift in the block drawing but
changing the repeats for x to x-1 didn't work!!! So for next version i hope
;)

Please feel free to send me your new modes to have more of them! Goal is to
reach 100 or so... Any speed improvements you can think of are also welcome
- this thing is snail pace! But it's easy to change.

I also added comments to the code to make it even more apparent that it's
impossible to know what this represent... You are the artist critique now!
;)
If you find a really nice moire, dont hesitate to send it for the
up'n'coming moire forum and gallery ;)

Read the instructions please before complaining about your mac or pc
crawling...

I've added some of the new images here
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=190

but you can jump straight to the fun stuff

Rev Download (143KBs)
http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=85

PC download (2MBs)
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=87