a few geometry questions...

TJ Frame tjframe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 00:14:31 EDT 2005

James,
  Thanks for your help. The code did not work for me "as is". Namely point C
was reflected negatively, so I fixed that by using -X, then I had to
subtract Cx and Cy from A's location in order to offset C correctly. But
after that it worked perfectly! Thanks again for your quick response.

 function findSegmentPoint pointA, pointB, tLength
put -tLength/findLength (pointA,pointB) into tRatio
put tRatio * (item 1 of pointB - item 1 of pointA) into Cx
put tRatio * (item 2 of pointB - item 2 of pointA) into Cy
return round(item 1 of pointA - Cx) & comma & round(item 2 of pointA - Cy)
end findSegmentPoint

function findLength p1,p2
return round(sqrt((item 1 of p2 - item 1 of p1) ^ 2 + (item 2 of p2 - item 2
of p1) ^ 2))
end findLength
- TJ