selection case

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 6 23:18:43 EDT 2005

On 8/6/05 5:05 AM, "Muaadh Salih" <Ms1 at soas.ac.uk> wrote:

> When we clicked the first word of field 1 we got the last word that has been
> placed into field 2, Clicked at the 2nd to have the penultimate word...
> It appears that when Rev shows text as right to left text it still thinks,sees
> from left to right.

So does this mean that all the click... functions think left-to-right? That
is, does clickChunk, clickCloc, clickCharChunk, etc. also give you the wrong
values?

If they give you the *right* values, you can keep the field locked, but turn
on the traversalOn and do this:

on mouseUp
  do "select" && the clickChunk
  put the selectedText into myWord
  select empty
  put myWord after field "WordBank"
  put uniEncode(space,"UTF8") after fld "WordBank"
end mouseUp

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software