European Revolution Conference Reminder

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Sat Aug 6 14:12:02 EDT 2005

Dear Revolution users,

A week ago, I posted a message about plans to organise a
revolution conference. Several of you have written me off-list,
expressing their interest. Two people, who will be contacted
within a few days, have offered to be a speaker.

To know that organising a conference is worth the trouble, I
need to know from you whether you are interested. It would also
be great if more people would like to present cool tricks or
demo their own products. Please contact me if you are interested
  in participating. Don't think that you don't need to, assuming
that others will contact me, because your name on the list might
exactly make the difference.

I am thinking of a conference in Germany or the Netherlands,
which would be a little different from the conferences we
already had. Also, by organising it in a different location, I
would like to give those who couldn't make it to Malta or
Moneterey an opportunity to attend a conference.

It will aim at beginners, although it could be an opportunity
for professionals to meet each other. There will be extensive
problem solving sessions and a number of parallel sessions that
give you the opportunity to demo your latest products or cool
tricks. Participants who want to lead a session are likely to
get a discount.

The conference fee is expected to be between 300 and 400 euro.
This should include three nights in a simple hotel. The
conference itself may last 2 days, 3 if there are many
participants. I prefer to let the conference start in about 6
weeks from now, but the exact date depends on you. At the time
of writing this reminder, this 6 weeks term has not changed. In
response to received suggestions, I might postpone the
conference by several weeks.

Please, don't start a long discussion about this on the list.
Tell me whether you are interested off-list, first. Send your
comments to <mailto:m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>. Once we
have decided to make it happen, we could discuss it here.

If you would like to contact me directly about the conference,
you can find me in ChatRev. A ChatRev client is available from
<http://chatrev.bjoernke.com> or <http://economy-x-talk.com>.

Best regards,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.