me vs. this?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Aug 5 10:21:43 EDT 2005

> What I most don't understand (??) is the relation between "me" and
> "this X" when "me" is an instance of type X.
>
> Charles

Charles

"me" is used when an object queries it's own properties or objects.

for example if i clicked in a field, the field script could ask:
on mouseup
  get the hilitedline of me
  if line 3 of me is empty then print me

same for a card or a stack or any object

get the long name of me

"THIS" is almost the same...

get the long name of this card...

Compared to "ME", this can be used anywhere...
Where as ME is restricted  to the object querying for a property of
itself.

Get the number of cards in this stack
or
get the number of fields in this card

cheers
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER