cannot import a MS word file into field

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Thu Aug 4 15:53:23 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> For one thing, Revolution knows very little of styled text fields, so

> it is essentially impossible simply to put Word content into a Rev
field.

Rev supports a wide variety of the most popular text style attributes.
While Rev doesn't read the proprietary Word format directly, it can
import styled text as RTF.

> And it is impossible without a huge amount of work to mix images and
> text in a field in Rev. That's what cards are for. You put text in
> fields, images in their own object spaces.

The imageSrc property allows images to be displayed in fields.  There
are merits to both a card-based and field-based presentation, depending
on the needs of the app in question, but both are quite doable.

If you use the imageSrc or group, How to print the content of that
field?I tried to use revPrintField and print command, but it did not
work.