copy group to substack?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Aug 4 10:36:18 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,

Try to copy your group to cd ID 1002 of stack <My Substack>
ID 1002 should be the first card (check this before)
In a preOpenstack handler in this substack:
place group "lineImage" onto cd 2

For sure, your copy was placed on the first card and you can't place
this  group onto this card since it's already there :-)
You should understand the second option in the error message.
Don't forget that you can check all this in the application browser.

Le 4 août 05 à 16:29, Charles Hartman a écrit :

> I know my explanation was a mess; sorry.
>
> Following your Place suggestion (thanks, I'd forgotten that
> command), I've tried this:
> 1. in a handler in the main stack, copy the correct group to the
> substack (NOT a card
>     in a substack); rename it (from "lineimagegroup7" or
> "lineimagegroup3" or whatever
>     to "lineImage")
> 2. in the openCard handler in the substack, issue a command "place
> group 'lineImage'
>     of this stack onto this card"
> When I do that, I get an error message: "group is not in this stack
> or is already on this card".

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software