a peeve regarding saving scripts

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Aug 3 15:52:39 EDT 2005

If I click on the "apply changes" button when I'm ready to save a script then
    if the script won't compile because it contains an error then
        Answer "It is so irritating because I have to drag the script window/
            down and hunt for the error window that lies somewhere behind it/
            so I can find out what I did wrong and possibly identify the/
            offending line" with "Yer so right, dude!"
     end if
end if

Wouldn't it be more user friendly for Rev to give me a different
dialog box at these times?

The different dialog box would, among other things, give me access to
the error window, or the information in it, with a simple mouseclick
on a button in the dialog box. Maybe it would provide another button
that would identify the offending line, if it could be identified.

Of course, that dialog box would also give me the usual options of
"Don't Apply" and "Cancel" and such.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Tim