global problems

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Wed Aug 3 07:16:16 EDT 2005

Upon further reflection about the situation in Rev (as opposed to
languages that are really compiled, and execute from the start of the
program each time a change is made), I take your point.  In Pascal, the
program/compiler must re-create each global each time the program is
run.  In Rev, the program never actually stops running (in some sense,
even though it does change as the programmer edits the scripts and
modifies the properties), so there is never a time when Rev can properly
re-evaluate the existence of the globals.  Removing all of the globals
each time a script is edited would not work.

See: I'm still having problems getting my mind around all of the
implications of a Rev-like IDE...

:)

Jon