simple custom property question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 1 21:49:22 EDT 2005

Brian Yennie wrote:
> Bah. I think it actually is a bit of an unusual situation- when copying
> from one stack to another, how SHOULD you approach your object
> references?

After a create, clone, or copy command the local variable "it" contains
the long ID of the new object.

So you can keep your focus on the stack containing your template group
objects, referring to them by short name, and the long ID returned in
"it" will help you if you need to do anything else in the newly copied
group:

on CopyObjects
   set the defaultStack to "MyTemplateObjects"
   copy grp "MyThang" to stack "Whatever"
   set the loc of it to 100,100
   copy grp "MyOtherThang" to stack "Whatever"
   set the loc of it to 100,400
end CopyObjects

--
  Richard Gaskin