update on "Weird OS9 runtime problem->losing database connection"

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Aug 1 17:11:47 EDT 2005

Another thought I had, and maybe this is the obvious, but have you
double checked to make sure all your variables are declared where
they need to be?  You mentioned that the code that connects to the
database and the code that retrieves data are in separate locations.
So do you connect to the database and then save the connection ID
into a global variable?  And is that global declared in all your
scripts that use it?  I know I may be grasping at straws here.  And
it seems weird that everything would work on all other platforms...

I'm kind of out of ideas at this point.  Sorry.

Chris

On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Ton Kuypers wrote:

> Strangeeeeeeeee...
>
> I now have copied all scripts used to connect to a database and
> retrieve some information into one window. They are all started
> when needed but then ik seems to work.
> The only thing now is that it takes WAY TO LONG to access the
> database, because when doing it like this, I need to open a
> connection to the database for each call...
>
> Keep them suggestions coming, as it looks I will be here all night
> long :-(((
>
> Ton

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally