simple custom property question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Aug 1 12:06:00 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05 7:44 AM, "Charles Hartman" <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:

> This has got to be simple, but I'm stuck: how do I get a group into a
> custom property? I don't even need to do it from a script; the msg
> box or Inspector will do.
>
> The group includes an image and a bunch of little fields. I want them
> in a cust prop because I'll have a lot of them and I want to automate
> sending them to a dialog box.

How about just creating the group in an offscreen stack (or substack) and
then doing "copy group <groupDesc> to <targetLoc>" every time you want an
"instance" of the group?

Otherwise, you can't really store a true group object inside a custom
property AFAIK - you could store the binary of a stack with one card that
only had your group on it, or you could store the specifications of all the
objects that make up the group and then build it from scratch each time
based on the specifications for each object.

But personally, I'd suggest the "copy group" approach...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com