Sorting Multiple Fields

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 20:06:17 EDT 2005

On 1 May 2005, at 00:02, Roger Guay wrote:

> I have 6 list fields side-by-side each with the same number of lines,
> with synchronized scrolling and synchronized hilitedLines.  Is there
> an easy way to sort the first field and have the data in the other
> fields follow the sort.  That is to sort the whole group on the first
> field?

One way is to keep a "master copy" of the data with tab-separated
columns. You can store this in a custom property. When you need to
sort, sort the master copy and then run a routine to re-display the
data in the separate fields. This is what I usually do for tables made
of synchronized scrolling fields.

Cheers
Dave