To Rev or not to Rev

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sat Apr 30 15:55:18 EDT 2005

On Apr 30, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> But that's moot. Nobody's going to do either. Java is good for some
> things for which Rev is not suited (mostly apps requiring lots of
> interaction with system-level resources and multi-programmer
> projects) and Rev is good for some things for which Java is either
> overkill or cumbersome (almost everything else...LOL).

Amen.  Everytime I see one of these "language wars" start up I'm
always amazed that folks have forgotten that these are TOOLS and like
hardware tools, each tool has certain jobs that it is best suited
for.  There are lots of different hammers out there but I would not
use a tack hammer for the same job that I would use an 8 lb maul.
That does not mean that a tack hammer is better or worse than a
maul.  (This is not to say there are personal preferences; IMHO, for
things that Rev is not good for, I would use almost anything rather
than Java which I don't much care for.)

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at charter.net

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"