Problem with "convert it to seconds"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Apr 30 02:15:42 EDT 2005

Jacque-

JLG> The script editor is just another stack, so of course when you change
JLG> stacks the original selection is removed. So this isn't really something
JLG> that's "wrong" with Revolution, it is just standard behavior. On the
JLG> other hand, it is probably something that newcomers wouldn't expect so
JLG> maybe it should stay in there. Use different wording, maybe.

I agree that it isn't necessarily a problem in the IDE, but only in
hindsight when you start to analyze what's really going on. It is
definitely something that can and will trip people up, so documenting
the behavior is, IMO, the right thing to do. And I thought that was
one of the purposes of a blog, anyway - documenting the journey so
that others coming after won't trip in the same places. If there are
actual bugs they belong in bugzilla.

JLG> Also, the problem with the selection point in newly opened script
JLG> editors isn't something I can reproduce, so I wonder if it is really
JLG> related to how the editor is opened. I thought this was an old bug that
JLG> got fixed.

OTOH, *I* can reproduce it here without a problem, and it was a
surprise to me... may be a Windows thing - I haven't had a chance to
try it yet in OSX.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net