[ANN] Reminder - online scripting conferences

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 22:17:59 EDT 2005

On Apr 29, 2005, at 8:47 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 4/29/05 5:49 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
> > J. Landman Gay wrote:
> >

> >> We're on Daylight Savings Time right now, so everything shifted one
> >> hour. EST right now is -4. This fall, it will be -5 again. At
> least, I
> >> think so, because I'm in Central time zone and we are at -5
> right now.
> >>
> > Actually, EST never changes - right now the East Coast states are
> on EDT
> > (Eastern Daylight Time) which is UTC-4
> > EST is (and always will be) UTC-5.
>
> Ack. There is no denying your logic. ;) And here Heather even got
> in touch with me to double-check the time conversion, and I was,
> like, "Yeah, that's right...oh wait, no, it should be an hour
> earlier...oh! no wait, I'm wrong, it's, um...yeah, okay, that's
> right." I was so busy figuring out the numbers I forgot to look at
> the letters.
>

> > UTC is close enough to GMT for our purposes (they can vary by up
> to 0.9
> > of a second !!)
>
> Okay, that's it. I have the solution. We all stay online for 24
> hours nonstop so we don't miss anybody. And no fair sleeping.

For those of us who can't do this (stay online for the next 24
hours) :), what time is the conference: 3:30 GMT or 11:30 EST?
Actually what I really want to know is whether it is at 11:30
Minneapolis time or 10:30 Minneapolis time (just in case you have
problems converting from Minneapolis to Rochester time zones).

Spence