Problem with "convert it to seconds"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 29 22:16:28 EDT 2005

On 4/29/05 5:09 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Mikey-
>
> I finally took a look at the blog. That's getting to be quite a
> collection. Thanks for putting that together.

Good start, yes. Good work Mikey. A couple of them don't feel quite
right though. I'm not sure whether they should be left alone because
they are common things that might trip up newcomers, or if they should
be corrected because they aren't really "problems". For example, this one:

> debugger affects the execution of some scripts
>
> Try the following script in a field:
>
> on tabKey
 >  answer the selectedChunk
 > end tabKey
>
> Now click in the field and type a character. Notice the answer that
> results.
>
> Now edit the script, and set a debug checkpoint either on the on
> tabKey or answer... lines. Exit the script, click in the field, and
> type a character. Surprise! The answer dialog is empty.

The script editor is just another stack, so of course when you change
stacks the original selection is removed. So this isn't really something
that's "wrong" with Revolution, it is just standard behavior. On the
other hand, it is probably something that newcomers wouldn't expect so
maybe it should stay in there. Use different wording, maybe.

Also, the problem with the selection point in newly opened script
editors isn't something I can reproduce, so I wonder if it is really
related to how the editor is opened. I thought this was an old bug that
got fixed.

The blog is a good idea though Mikey, keep going.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com