errant IDE messages

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 27 14:27:43 EDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 12:25 PM, MisterX wrote:

>> I have a piece of code that had it's start from a mouseDown
>> handler (hint - this starts the problem) BUT it seems that
>> while various code is running that when it gets to this part
>> and calls cResetGrayIcons that it takes a break and goes else where.
>
> Where are your scripts located BTW?
> a card or stack with a mouseenter handler will trigger anytime you
> enter
> a control... Im thinking this is possible cause...

They are located at the Card level. But I tested and the mouseenter
does not always trigger if a mouseDown is pressed. It is sporadic at
best.

>> on cResetGrayIcons
>>    global gTheBKeys
>>    repeat for each line f in gTheBKeys -- Reset -- this makes
>> all 18 gray
>
>     -- always check!!!
>     if there is an image f then...

Thanks for this one... I forgot. I actually stopped reading and went
back and corrected all places where I have image/graphic settings.
Thanks.

>> First it starts the repeat structure and after 3 or 4 rounds
>> it then pauses (at least in debug mode it feels like a pause)
>> and then it goes to a mouseEnter code and then it goes to a
>> mouseMove handler and then it comes back to finish the repeat
>> structure. I view this as errant behavior since it is right
>> in the middle of a handler.
>
> Does this happen when not in debug mode?

I don't know what was happening when not in debug mode BUT I was
experiencing a latency involved with my mouseDown messages.
If I hit mouseDown then went to mouseDown again elsewhere, sometimes it
would not trigger unless it seemed I would wait first. Or it could have
been that I had to click once and then do a mouseDown whereby it would
then work. That is what I was trying to track down in Debug Mode.

>> 1. I don't know if it is starting the repeat again or if it
>> is picking up where it left off?
>> 2. I don't want it to do this since I am tracking a latency
>> in my code and this is suspect?
>> 3. For now I commented out the mouseEnter (I am considering
>> getting rid of it completely) and it now just goes to mouseMove.
>> 4. I need the mouseMove to keep my window moveable/dragable,
>> Is there another way to keep a window moveable?
>
> yes... But not with mousemove... With mousedown

Oh No, I need what limited mousedown I have now. Damn.....

> on mousedown
> repeat while the mouse is down
>   set the loc of my window to the mouseloc
>   -- "see also" the mouseh, mousev, etc...
>   -- this code is the base and not exactly smooth...
> end repeat
>
> you can make it a lot nicer like
> HotKeyN2O
> http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=74
> or
> BreakpointsN2O
> http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=77
>
> The last one is described on the front page of monsieurx.com.
>
> hope that helps
> Xavier

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS