cut & paste error

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Apr 27 09:43:24 EDT 2005

Le 27 avr. 05, à 15:08, Paul Salyers a écrit :

> At 08:03 AM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> By pressing the tab key with your handler, you only select the text
>> but you don't copy it.
>> So there is nothing to paste :-)
>>
>> on tabKey
>>   select text of the target
>>   copy
>> end tabKey
>
> After you press tab it is selected true!
> then you press (ctrl +C) to copy onto the clip board.
> then press (ctrl +V) to paste
> but it will not paste.

It should work.
With Windows , the only problems I encountered were when copying from
an app (NotePad for instance) and pasting into another one (Rev for
instance).
Clipboard transfer between applications is not such reliable as it is
with Mac OS.
If your problem is strictly within Rev, make tests: using the menu
items, using the shortcuts, testing in another new stack, restarting
Rev and so on.
Be logical and you will find if it is an IDE problem, a specific stack
problem or something else :-)

> I didn't think I would have to go through the step by step detail
> instructions with a programmers
The more difficult for us to help beginners is that they think things
are patently obvious ;-)

Best regards,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software