greater than

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 26 17:44:52 EDT 2005

Hello to all,

I put 3 into gSeqLength in an openCard handler:

  put 3 into gSeqLength

Then I want to do stuff in a switch statement based on gSeqNum, but not
more than 3 if gSeqLength = 3, or 4 if 4 ,etc.
Anyway, the statement " if gSeqLength is > 3 then " generates a double
binary error.
Now I know that gSeqLength is 3.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here. (I need gSeqNum as my
switch and not gSeqLength)
I tried:
if gSeqLength is > 3 then
if gSeqLength is greater than 3 then
if gSeqlength is more than 3 then
if (gSeqLength is > 3) then
if gSeqLength is > "3" then
etc.

.....switch gSeqNum ........
	case 1     -- then go up one in gSeqNum
		-- do real important stuff here
     	  put 2 into gSeqNum
     break
	case 2
		-- do different stuff here
		-- (if gSeqLength is more than 3 then I don't want to make gSeqNum a
three since I have 0,1,2 already)
     	if gSeqLength is more than "3" then
      		 put 3 into gSeqNum
    		 end if
     break
  	case 3
     	if gSeqLength is > 4 then
      		 put 4 into gSeqNum
     	end if
     break

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.8, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.5

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net