Table Formatting

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon Apr 25 09:21:20 EDT 2005

Hi Len,

>tabstops only gets me the width of the columns.  I want to end up with
>something more like a spreadsheet.  I need to be able to right align the
>numbers but left align the text fields (or maybe center them) and it
appears
>that this is not possible with the table control.  Is there something
available
>like a "table control" or the TkTable widget that I can use?  Will I have
>roll my own?  In a similar vein, is there some mechanism that I can use
>create a new control (perhaps in C) that could be added to RR to get
"missing"
>functionality?

To do that you will need a number of column fields. It's not hard but a
bit more tedious
to code. The best technique is to keep the Main data table in memory and
drop the data in
the columns as needed. The other way becomes a lot more cumbersome after
(custom
sorts for one)...

The missing functionality is not new. I thnk i suggested that long long
ago but as usual
i wasn't listened to ;))

.... If you want a sample stack, contact me at x at monsieurx.com.

cheers
Xavier

On 25.04.2005 15:13:09 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Le 24-avr.-05, à 20:27, Len Morgan a écrit :
>
>>> This may seem like a simple question but how do I format a table field
>>> with different widths for the columns and a header?
>>>
>>> What I want is a three column table with a single digit in the first
>>> column, a dollar amount in the second, and a (fairly) long description
>>> in the third.  I also want to have a set of titles above the table
>>> denoting what each column is for.
>>> I looked up table in the documents and don't see much that would help
>>> me.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance...
>>>

>> Look at tabstops property : set the tabStops of field to tabStopList
>
>tabstops only gets me the width of the columns.  I want to end up with
>something more like a spreadsheet.  I need to be able to right align the
>numbers but left align the text fields (or maybe center them) and it
appears
>that this is not possible with the table control.  Is there something
available
>like a "table control" or the TkTable widget that I can use?  Will I have
>roll my own?  In a similar vein, is there some mechanism that I can use
>create a new control (perhaps in C) that could be added to RR to get
"missing"
>functionality?
>
>Len Morgan

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER