Table Formatting

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon Apr 25 09:13:09 EDT 2005

Le 24-avr.-05, à 20:27, Len Morgan a écrit :

>> This may seem like a simple question but how do I format a table field
>> with different widths for the columns and a header?
>>
>> What I want is a three column table with a single digit in the first
>> column, a dollar amount in the second, and a (fairly) long description
>> in the third.  I also want to have a set of titles above the table
>> denoting what each column is for.
>> I looked up table in the documents and don't see much that would help
>> me.
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>>

> Look at tabstops property : set the tabStops of field to tabStopList

tabstops only gets me the width of the columns.  I want to end up with something more like a spreadsheet.  I need to be able to right align the numbers but left align the text fields (or maybe center them) and it appears that this is not possible with the table control.  Is there something available like a "table control" or the TkTable widget that I can use?  Will I have to roll my own?  In a similar vein, is there some mechanism that I can use to create a new control (perhaps in C) that could be added to RR to get "missing" functionality?

Len Morgan