another multi-user "solution"?

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Sun Apr 24 10:36:03 EDT 2005

Bill wrote:
Why again are you not just using MySQL or SQLite?

Kurt:
I guess I'm a bit intimidated: Many pages of information on how to set
up a Rev stack to work with a SQL db;  the question of how to create
the db itself from existing data in stack format (I've managed to
export it to text, but I've no idea how to do so in SQL format).  I
once borrowed a book on SQL about 10 years ago, but remember nothing
now. I guess I also feel that if I have my scripts keeping track of all
the data and formatting, I can easily correct a potential problem
myself.  With someone else's drivers as another part of the picture (on
Windows, of which I don't really have enough knowledge to do effective
troubleshooting).

But thanks for your input; I know that there are probably those for
whom working with SQL is a piece of cake; in their eyes I'm probably
making things much more difficult for myself that they need be....

Kurt