Several Text issues

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Apr 23 07:30:16 EDT 2005

Hi Michael and Dan,

> Am 23.04.2005 um 00:24 schrieb Dan Shafer:
>> On Apr 22, 2005, at 10:42 AM, michael parent wrote:
> ,,,
>> 3. The revgourl seems to open the file, I don't want to open the
>> file, I
>> want to open the Explorer Window to that file location so then the
>> user
>> has access to the file to attach to email or burn to CD ect. This is
>> mainly going to be on Windows XP Pro
> I don't see any documented way to do this.

And that's the secret word: no documented way :-)

Here is my variation of a handler that Ken Ray (i think) once posted,
or how i fondly call him "The Man Ray of X-talk" :-)

on revealinexplorer tFile
   ## tFile is a valid and full path to the file you want
   ## to show in its parent window...
   ## Does also work with a FOLDER!

   set the hideconsolewindows to true
   ## Hide ugly DOS box...

   replace "/" with "\" in tFile
   ## shell command needs a Win path!

   get shell("explore.exe /select," && tFile)
end revealinexplorer

Hope that helps...

>> Thanks again
>>
>> Michael Parent