mouseDown and within

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Apr 23 04:11:35 EDT 2005

Hi Tom,

Once the mouse is down, the engine stops sending any message until the
mouse is up.
Then some retroactive messages are sent (as mouseleave).
You can check this in the message watcher (where mouseStillDown is not
shown).
So, the only way I see to do that would be using a pending message with
a loop which would check other buttons status :-(

Le 23 avr. 05, à 03:56, Thomas McGrath III a écrit :

> I have a few buttons and when the mouse is down over a button the
> background turns blue. This is good. Now I want to have the other
> buttons turn blue by still holding the mouseDown but moving it over
> the other buttons and when it is over them that they will act like a
> mouseDown has been sent to them.
>
> I have tried mouseDown, mouseStillDown, mouseWithin, mouseEnter etc.
>
> No luck,
>
> I might be able to do a mouseOver (SC) but prefer the mouseDown if
> possible.

Amicalement,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software