Sending Objects to other Objects in different stacks?

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat Apr 23 03:35:15 EDT 2005

At 23:44 22/04/2005, you wrote:

>Hi,

Hi DAve

>Is it possible to send an object to another object? What if the object
>that is being sent to is on a different stack? I'd like to be able to do
>something like this:
>
>send "AddMenu button "xyz"" to Group "MainMenu"

Here is a script I use for exactly that in my main app. I have a button
next to my insert fields that adds that field to another stack.
The global is just for the chose stack andler in another action but it
gives the idea.

on mouseUp
   global tFileName
   copy field "TextField" of stack "Armbase" to card 1 of stack tFileName
end mouseUp

cheers
bob