mouseDown and within

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 22 22:27:34 EDT 2005

It seems that ever possible message PREVENTS the possibility of a
mouseDown moving from one control to another and initiating the
mouseDown on that without first releasing the mouse. Most programs at
least will let you float a mouse cursor over items and hover to display
a tooltip. What I want to do is the same thing but with a mouseDown
state. It seems I can't do a Hover or a mouseDown in Rev.....

HELP

 From the docs....
mouseEnter
If the mouse button is down when the mouse pointer enters the control,
no mouseEnter message is sent unless the mouse button is released while
the pointer is still in the control.

mouseWithin
If the mouse button is down when the mouse pointer enters the control,
no mouseWithin messages are sent until the mouse button is released. If
the mouse pointer leaves the control while the mouse button is still
down, no mouseWithin messages are sent. If the mouse button is pressed
while the pointer is in the control, however, mouseWithin messages
continue to be sent, even while the mouse button is down.
Usually, it is easier and more efficient to use the mouseMove message
to track the movement of the mouse while the button is being held down.

mouseStillDown
The mouseStillDown message is sent to the control that was originally
clicked, or to the card if no control was under the mouse pointer.

mouseMove
If the mouse button is down, the mouseMove message continues to be sent
to the object that was clicked, even if the mouse pointer moves outside
that object.

mouseLeave
If the mouse button is down when the mouse pointer leaves the control,
the mouseLeave message is not sent until the mouse button is released.

Tom