Several Text issues

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Apr 22 18:24:01 EDT 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 10:42 AM, michael parent wrote:

> I looked at these suggestions still need help
>
> 1 Cannot see how I set the Htmltext when I am putting the text into the
> field

Put the text that you want in the field into a variable, then set the
htmlText of the field to the variable. Assume that the list of files
you want to display is in a variable called tFilesToShow:

set the htmlText of field "File List" to tFilesToShow

> 2. I need to search by a user entered search string so it has to be by
> variable, how Do I use the Find command with a variable, or is there a
> different way to do this?

Just put the variable into the search command. Assume the variable is
called tTextToFind:

find string tTextToFind in field "File List"

You may want to use some other form than "string"; the "find" docs are
pretty clear on these options.

> 3. The revgourl seems to open the file, I don't want to open the file,
> want to open the Explorer Window to that file location so then the user
> has access to the file to attach to email or burn to CD ect. This is
> mainly going to be on Windows XP Pro

I don't see any documented way to do this.