Simple Scoping Question

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Apr 21 23:02:16 EDT 2005

Recently, Erik Hansen  wrote:

>> ... to initialize stuff, placing the init
>> scripts in the first card of
>> your main stack causes the scripts to
>> run only when the main stack is
>> opened (preOpenStack, openStack, openCard,
>> etc).
>
> and if any of your mainstack cards
> may be deleted?

First I would question if this is really need to build your stack this way.
But in any event, you could prohibit deletion of the first card.  Or
consider relegating your deletable cards to a substack.  Or place your init
scripts in the mainstack and manage by window name accordingly.  Or you can
go through all substacks and place blocking handlers in each (open
preOpenStack, end preOpenstack, etc).

Lots of options...

Regards,

Scott Rossi