number of substacks- practical limits

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Thu Apr 21 22:49:02 EDT 2005

Assuming that an individual substack consists of a single card
containing perhaps 7 or 8 fields, each with <5 KB of text, plus a few
pop-up menus and buttons, how many substacks can be associated with a
single mainstack?  Only one substack would be open at any given point,
but I might have as many as 2000 substacks.
Right now, I have a single data stack with about 800 cards.  Trouble
is, only one person can access the data at a time.  Would it be
possible, if the data was divided by substack rather than by card, for
more than one person to access the different substacks concurrently?

I guess another way of expressing this would be to say that the
equivalent of a db "record" would be a substack rather than a card.

TIA,
Kurt