New substacks are black

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:07:24 EDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 1:29 PM, Varen Swaab wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a problem that is probably something really stupid that I'm
> doing, just can't figure out what.
>
> In my application when I create a new substack the window comes up
> black. There is no color property in the inspector, the window is just
> black. I can change the color of the window by adding a color property
> but it seems it shouldn't open black in the first place.
>
> Probably related, I've noticed that whenever I have a dialog window
> open it also is in black.

Var,

Objects in Revolution inherit properties from their parents objects. In
the case of substacks (and dialogs are just specialized substacks), the
parent is the mainstack. Check the backgroundColor prop of the
mainstack. It's probably been set to black. If it isn't that, then
somehow the default background color for the engine got set to black,
it which case I'm out of my depth.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University