Slider thumbPosition crazy values

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Apr 21 13:17:38 EDT 2005

I am really baffled debugging what should be a non-problem, but I must
be missing something basic.  I was trying to debud why my script would
not work and I worked it down to this symptom.

I made two sliders that go from 1 to 44, increment 1, show value.  The
first one "startQ" works as expected.  The second one "endQ" behaves in
a strange way.

   put the thumbPosition of scrollbar "startQ" into SQ --starting quarter
   put the thumbPosition of scrollbar "endQ" into EQ --ending quarter
   put SQ && EQ     -- displays 2 2
   put SQ +0 && EQ +0  -- displays 2 1.9375

every click on the first slider advances the thumbPosition by 1
every click on the second slider advances the thumbPosition by 0.9375,
but displays as an integer.

I made the second slider by copy/paste the first slider.  Then I tried
deleting that slider and dragging a fresh slider to the card to make
the second one, but it still acts the same.  I checked every inspector
basic parameter, and both are identical.

What is going on?????

Dennis