Unicode Displaying in Runtime Revolution #2

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Apr 21 10:56:56 EDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 10:30 PM, Marisa K. wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> Thank you agian for your suggestion. You are right about the database
> of UTF-8. :-)
>
> However, I've tried on that, too, but the result is the same!!
>
> I wrote script as:
>
> on openCard
>  global tID
>  set the unicodeText of fld testDB to uniEncode( revDataFromQuery (,
> return, tID, "SELECT cityLocalName FROM POSTAL_CODE_TABLE"),"utf8")
> end openCard
>
> Am I doing sth wrong with the script? Also, I used to try on ;

Hmm, this worked in a test I did last night using MySQL on some UTF8
encoded data.  The only difference is that I used cursors
(revQueryDatabase and revDatabaseColumnNamed).  Perhaps try that and
see if it changes results at all.  I'm not sure why it would but you
never know.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia