Standalone Builder Error Dialog

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Apr 19 20:11:22 EDT 2005

Hi

I'd just like to make a quick announcement about the standalone builder
error dialog. When you see the dialog (the frustrating one that doesn't tell
you what the problem is) it means that there was an execution error in the
standalone builder code. At the moment I think there is only one issue in
2.5.1 so I'll state the workaround below and if anyone follows this
workaround and still has an error please contact me directly at either
monte at sweattechnologies.com or monte at runrev.com.

If the filename of your stackFile is the same as the standalone name entered
into the standalone builder dialog it causes a conflict during the build
process and one file overwrites the other. This will be resolved in the next
version of Rev but for now there is a simple workaround. Always use a .rev
extension on stackFiles or have some other difference between the stackFile
name and the standalone name. The problem would not be seen on Windows
because of the .exe extension on the standalone.

Cheers

--

Monte Goulding
Sweat Technologies

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
Download now from: http://www.sweattechnologies.com/InstallGadget