FW: Request for comments

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Apr 19 14:55:28 EDT 2005

Xavier,

Haven't had a look yet, but below is a quickie look at color and
readability:

http://snow.utoronto.ca/readtest/
--Color and readability and visual disabilities test.

http://hubel.sfasu.edu/research/survreslts.html
--Results of a similar test at Stephen F. Austin State University
(Nacogdoches, TX)  along with a link to the resulting paper.
Interestingly, in addition to Black on White scoring high on readability,
Blue on White did as well, despite the fact that humans have difficult
focusing on the color blue due to the limited number of blue
photoreceptors in the human eye and their position  on the periphery
rather than the center of our visual system.

http://www.webwhirlers.com/colors/combining.asp
--another nice site with an irritating drop-allover-the-place contents
box.

http://web.umr.edu/~rhall/commentary/color_readability.htm

HTH,

Judy