Graphic turning to black

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Apr 19 11:29:34 EDT 2005

Christian said

> 1. I created a new stack
> 2. I imported an image (black and white img --> created in
> paint) (.bmp
> here)
> 3. colored parts of it with the fill bucket (any color) 4.
> selecting and resizing the image makes the whole image black !!!
>
> You can't work properly with this img anymore ...I noticed
> this only on the win version of REV....
>
> 5. Saving the stack with the img turned to black, closing and
> reopening it, gives me the colored imag ; the color black did
> disappear...
>

> Is this a bug ? Or,... ?

Christian,

Have you tried using PNG? It might be well worth the switch from the old
antiquated and oversized bmp format...

Which just gives me the idea to make an import/export module for my media
library...

get askfile("*.bmp;*.pnt")
importImage it
replaceFileExtension it, "png"
exportImage it
delete last image
ImportImage it

excuse the pseudo script (taoo script actually), but im sure you'll find the
right commands. I just join the names of the functions i use in my
Transcript wrappers...

Voila... I didn't test the rest mind you but it usually works. Although I've
found the rev paint tools to be a bit unatractive, I keep the work to a more
macpaint like program.

I used to love doodling in HyperCard, i just dont feel the pencil the same
way in RunRev...

cheers
Xavier