Lists and Custom Properties

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 16 15:42:58 EDT 2005

Gary Thompson wrote:
> How would one store a custom property for each line in a scrolling list?
> For example: a list of names and the custom property would contain that
> person's age or something like that.

When I need to store non-visible info that related to specific lines in
a list, I often just put that info on the same line in the list with a
tab character separating it from the stuff I want to see.  Then I can
set the tabStops to some number that will slide it out of view, so I
keep my data all in one placed but without having all of it visible.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation