Debugging Mousy Scripts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Apr 15 18:13:29 EDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 3:53 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> I am having a devil of a time with debugging a set of handlers that
>> do a variety of intricate things on mouseMove and mouseWithin.  How
>> do the Experts debug these sorts of beasts?
>
> I use a lot of "put" statements.

Me, too.  One can also make a log command that you can embellish as
needed to, say, include ms since the last event, combine a series of
events and so on.  If writing to the message box or a test field
interferes too much, I write to a global and then dump that to a field.
  If the log needs to be realtime, include unlock screen.

Dar Scott
A pig's gotta fly.