Easiest Postgres SQL Windows Install & Adm package

Typing80wpm at aol.com Typing80wpm at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 11:55:43 EDT 2005

The various helpful comments and advice on this list are persuading me to
attempt to install Postgres SQL on my Windows XP (professional, not home)  Dell.

I have searched on the Net, and notice that there are some downloads that
require a compile of code using Cygwin Linux emulator.  I worked with that  once
on my old Win98 Compaq, but found it daunting.... I only accomplished what  I
wanted because a Linux expert was talking me through everything step by  step.

So let me know, please, should you come across some automatic Windows
install for Postgres.   What would be ideal is if I downloaded,  unzipped, installed
with no questions asked automatically, and also give me  some king of SQL
manager program, to test it out, create tables.   If  that is too much to hope
for, then, at least, point me to the easiest possible  Windows install package
for Postgres, and then recommend for me the easiest SQL  Adm tool to manage the
Postgres SQL.

And then I will download the trial version of Revolution, and be all set to
talk to the Postgres SQL on my desk top.

If there is a simple Revolution demo app which would do some "Hello World"
exercise with Postgres, then that would be most helpful.

I guess I shall be clever too, and look through the computer science
bookshelves to see if there is something with a cd and postgres.  I noticed  a book
by Trollwear on QT3 which is a GUI IDE for C# (or some flavor of C) and  the CD
in the back of the book offers Borland C compilers, and Mysql...  etc

Thanks all, for your help and suggestions.