OT: The TAOO Announcement

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Apr 15 11:26:07 EDT 2005

I thought I had posted this but it was removed or Lotus Notes "de mes deux"
sucks at it again most probably. As in I thought i was wrong but I was
mistaken! ;)

So if you missed the post about this in a previous reply, I wrote an essay
yesterday on The Art Of Objects on MonsieurX.com. It's quite long but here's
a brief.

http://monsieurx.com/taoo will take you too it...

It is a daring (you be the judge of that) draft with almost no editing (i
did a late spell check) but I think it explains what TAOO and XOS is.

Im not sure I have conveyed the right picture in the essay and if you will
see it as differently as I see it. Translating a skill into language is not
easy... And comments are truely appreciated! If you do not want to polute
this maillist with TAOO  stuff, which I certainly oblige,

http://www.monsieurx.com/forums is the place to write it (whatever and even
flames) to. It would be nice to keep in one place but i have no problems
with either.

TAOO is for RunRev what RunRev is for Wiki... or something like that, it's
not just objects but verbs too. You do or see what you want with it... If
not, you script it and it adds to the environment with no old-fashion
updates required at all! It stays with you long-term for quick reuse... That
counts for scripts, languages, other languages or knowledge objects... I
programmed no limits in it - it's forbidden!

I just wanted to create an ideal object platform, and I think i'm well on my
way to it. Instead of a huge IBM team, i did it alone! But I did it
opensource and I tried to get people into it before but wasn't quite
successfull.

Together with you, Im sure we can make an object of information standards! I
may not always sound or be read seriously, but believe me I take pride in my
"atomic" design strategy - as it is pure economic benefit from all sides
including designwise... A stack in TAOO takes 10% of the time to build
compared to a stack from scratch... OK, to a degree of interpretation but im
alone doing all this stack stuff and depend on your feedback as you are my
only public!

While it is based on RunRev, it's benefits are not limited to it. XML, HTML
or any format are just a treat for TAOO... Depends on how much you need to
reuse it - believe me, in the long run it pays lots!!!

There's also lots more information regarding the phylosophy of TAOO and how
it works. What is cool and concerns you is that RunRev is the best
environment for it, and it can likely control others from RunRev... So I
hope to write more about it following your responses.

One Mac Example I thought about long ago was: a TAOO C snippet librarian
could organize a C library based on any criteria you want and compile it
automatically at the click of a button or a msg call - not all compilers
did. But CompileIt did. Compile this object!

Turning that into speech recognition was already possible in MacOS 7-9 and
it was cool to do demos - ok, a trick but a cool one!!! Archive Emails...
Bam I got a Email stack now forever like a PST file in Outlook! I could go
on forever with examples too so if you have any practical use questions,
just shoot! Dont be shy! No strings attached.

And im thinking of rewriting the http protocol now ;)

Best <object>
Xavier