Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape to Rev communication v. AppleScript?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Apr 15 02:38:41 EDT 2005

Terry,

http://www.monsieurx.com/xos/stacks/xtras/xtraosa.sit

has some extra stacks that might help you out. If I remember correctly,
there is a stack that
handles most events to and from NetScape, Eudora, FMP, and others.

Part of the languages-plugins for XOS from 1998... MacOS versions but it
might not have changed...

check out the stacks' scripts... I havent ported those yet to the RunRev
environment as i no longuer use Macs...

cheers
Xavier

On 15.04.2005 01:47:00 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>The Netscape/Mozilla family of browsers have entries in their
>Applescript dictionaries for the following...
>
>register URL echo: Registers a URL echo handler. The handler will get
>called whenever a new URL is loaded.
>unregister URL echo: Cancels URL echo
>
>syntax = register/unregister URL echo type class -- signature of
>listener
>
>I remember trying to get this working some years ago in SuperCard -
>with little success. On the Rev side something along the lines of...
>
>on appleEvent class, eventID, sender
>if class & eventID is "WWW?URLE" then
>request ae data
>put it
>end if
>end appleEvent
>
>...should be able to respond to an ae from Netscape. What I've been
>unable to get right is the 'type class' bit of the Applescript to send
>to Netscape in the first place so that it establish communication with
>Rev in the first place.
>
>Has anyone been down this path (successfully) or have any ideas on what
>I need to do to get this working.
>
>I couldn't find any info on this at mozilla.org BTW.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Terry...
>
>Dr Terry Judd
>Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
>Biomedical Multimedia Unit
>Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
>The University of Melbourne
>Parkville VIC 3052
>AUSTRALIA

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER