Message Sending Problems

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 14 07:42:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

Ok, I have got that working by using "quote"! Now I have another problem!

The message handler that gets called is like so:

on Adjust theAdjustValue, theAxes
local myAdjustRect

put rect of me into myAdjustRect
if theAxes = "Width" then
     add theAdjustValue to item 4  of myAdjustRect
else
     add theAdjustValue to item 3 of myAdjustRect
end if

put myAdjustRect  into rect of me  -****** Error Here
end Adjust

This work except I get the following Script Error on the statetment
marked *****

Type: Chunk Source is not a container
Object: "G-1027"
Line :  put myAdjustRect  into rect of me

However is I change the line to:

set the rect of me to myAdjustRect

It works fine!!!!

Any Ideas what is going wrong?

I am really find it difficult knowing when to use set and when to use
put and why there are two commands that do essentailly the same
thiing anyway????

Thanks a lot
Dave